Who knew that banking soda has so many uses - from cleaning to caring for your hair/skin - and it is often one of the least expensive items in the grocery store! Baking soda can be a great way to replace harsh cleaning chemicals as well as over-fragranced personal care products.
- Here are great ways to change your lifestyle by using baking soda in a healthy way for your everyday cleaning and non-toxic activities in your home:
- Stop the Itch-for insect bites, make a paste out of baking soda and water, and apply to ease the itch.
- Freshen your Hair-sprinkle a small amount of baking soda into your palm along with your favorite shampoo. Shampoo as usual and rinse thoroughly–baking soda helps remove the residue that styling products leave behind.
- Sandal-ready Feet-dissolve 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a tub of warm water and soak feet. Gently scrub.
- Remove crayon marks-applybaking soda to a damp sponge and rubbing lightly. Wipe off with a clean, dry cloth.
- Deodorize Trashcan-sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of your trashcan to keep stinky trash smells at bay
Information from Care2